Sunday, December 17, 2023

Dictator Lite

 RANDOM JACK POETRY HOUR: AMERICAN DEMOCRACY


Dictator Lite

 

Tell the people out there

You don’t want to be a dictator.

I do! I do! But only for a day!

Build the wall! Drill baby drill!

 

Tell the people you’ll try to be fair.

I will. I will. But don’t get in my way!

Finish the wall! Chill baby chill!

 

Are you in your right mind?

I am. I am. But not to stay!

If I have the power there’s a price to pay!

They tell me that’s ridiculous

That it doesn’t work that way

But I’m saying it does

Dictator for a day!

Drill baby drill! Would you like to play?

 

I can turn it off and I can turn it on!

If you’re not with the ticket, baby,

Get lost! You’re gone!

I’ll be your worst nightmare!

I’ll be tough and strong!

You’ve gotta love it baby

Or you don’t belong!

No comments:

Post a Comment