Saturday, September 30, 2023

The Founders

 RANDOM JACK POETRY HOUR: AMERICAN DEMOCRACY


The Founders (of the Republic)

 

The founders stood up

When their lives were at stake

These Republicans today

Would proclaim it a fake

They signed the declaration

Knowing well what it meant

A democratic nation

An immortal document

 

I stand with Jefferson

I stand with Tom Paine

Their fight for democracy

Would not be in vain

 

The people stood with them

Against an army in red

The greatest force in the world

Must have filled them with dread

But they fought long and hard

They gave it their all

To ensure that the republic

Would not stumble and fall

 

I stand with Ben Franklin

I stand with Tom Paine

Their fight for the republic

Would not be in vain

 

Now democracy is threatened

The republic could fall

When the alarm is sounded

Who will answer the call?

We don’t need your guns

But we do need your votes

We need the people to know

We’re in the same boat

 

I stand with George Washington

I stand with Tom Paine

Our fight for democracy

Must not be in vain

No comments:

Post a Comment