Monday, September 19, 2022

Collective Delusion

 RANDOM JACK POETRY HOUR: AMERICAN DEMOCRACY


Collective Delusion

 

I once believed in childish things

Like waking up with angel’s wings

When I grew up I put them away

In a box of dreams and there they stay

 

I still believe there are aliens in space

Who may have visited the human race

But I don’t believe in wacky theories

And I must admit it makes me weary

When I hear about a guy named Q

Who will tell us all just what to do

To win our country back again

From a dark and evil force of sin

That some folks call democracy

We’re better off with autocracy

One man to rule over all of us

One driver for the nation’s bus

No longer will we have to vote

We’ll all go down in the same boat

God bless collective delusions

An end to all the confusion

One god, one nation, one mind

The very best of humankind

God bless our dearest leader

Our mass delusion feeder

 

I pledge allegiance to the best

To hell with all the rest

God bless the American nation

Immigrants by invitation

Only

 

No comments:

Post a Comment