Thursday, April 29, 2021

Dignity

 RANDOM JACK POETRY HOUR:  LIFE SONGS


Dignity

 

I am a proud man

In this I am everyone

I have crossed the seven seas

I have climbed the fiercest mountain

I have faced the beast and lived

I have witnessed the wonders of the universe

Explored the farthest reaches of space

Captured the mysteries of the heart

Lost my way in a maze of dreams

and known what awestruck means

 

I have created works of beauty

Drawn tears from the eyes of men

I have known the truth of love

I have felt the sting of betrayal

I have celebrated many victories

and learned the lessons of defeat

 

When you have taken all else

My sight my soul my memories

Be merciful have sympathy

Leave me with my dignity

 

Without dignity what reason is there

to remain in this world of wonder?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment