Sunday, January 21, 2024

A Blizzard in the Warming

 RANDOM JACK POETRY HOUR: GLOBAL WARMING


A Blizzard in the Warming

 

The world is filled with ironies

A wicked winter storm

Belies the greater truth

The earth is growing warm

 

Like sunshine on a winter day

Or like the tree that shades us

A cold streak in the month of May

The greater truth evades us

 

The hottest year in millennia

One hundred thousand to be clear

Cave men at the dawn of time

Did not see so hot a year

 

I am not worried for the earth

I am not worried much at all

I’ve lived my life for what it’s worth

I’m nearly ready for the fall

 

But I’m worried for the young ones

Who have not fully lived their lives

The good old days are almost done

Soon the reckoning will arrive

 

No comments:

Post a Comment