Thursday, June 16, 2022

Don't Forget Me

RANDOM JACK POETRY HOUR: GLOBAL POLITICS

 

Don’t Forget Me

 

I was beaten without cause

I was battered without reason

Because of who I am and where I live

My home was leveled to the ground

My people scattered like dust

To the four corners of the globe

 

We pleaded through tears for help

And help came from everywhere

With kindness and good will

Giving us precious hope

 

Now the outside world has moved on

The cameras no longer film

The state of our daily misery

Now we suffer alone

The river of help runs dry

And our hope begins to fade

 

I am Ukraine

And I am in imminent danger

Of being wiped from the earth

I am in danger of disappearing

Without notice or care

My pleas fall on deaf ears

Yet still I plea

I am here

Do not forget me

 


No comments:

Post a Comment