Sunday, April 03, 2022

Nine More Years

 RANDOM JACK POETRY HOUR: GLOBAL POLITICS 


Nine More Years

 

Nine more years on trumped up charges

Nine more years for being Navalny

In Russia today I would be sentence

To fifteen years for writing poetry

 

The dear leader doesn’t like my verse

He’s not alone but it could be worse

He has not heard me rant

He has not heard me curse

 

I stand with Navalny

I stand with Ukraine

I believe the dear leader

Has gone thoroughly insane

 

He creates more and more martyrs

Every minute of every day

How many more will there be

Before dear leader goes away?

 

Hide under a rock

Hide in a dark deep cave

The people are good and proud

They will not be your slaves

We will stand against you

From now until the grave

 

No comments:

Post a Comment