Saturday, December 25, 2021

Struggle

 RANDOM JACK POETRY HOUR:  LIFE SONGS


Struggle

 

The banality of this world

Wears me down

Like weight on tired shoulders

The cruelty of this world

Takes hold of me and

Bends me to the ground

The disillusion of this world

Stops my heart from beating

The indifference of this world

Triggers my sense of outrage

Sends me reeling in all directions

Like a whirling phantom

Without a place of rest

The deprivations of this world

Leave me gasping for air

Desperate and afraid

 

Yet the kindness of this world

Revives my sense of balance

Stimulates my hope

The creativity of this world

Restores the flow of my desire

Allows me to feel whole

The gentleness of this world

Lifts my waning soul

Inspires me with care

The beauty of this world

Steals my breath away

Engaging my sense of wonder

Renewing flames of yearning

I drink from the well of joy

And let my spirit soar

 

No comments:

Post a Comment