Sunday, November 07, 2021

Beauty

 RANDOM JACK POETRY HOUR: LIFE SONGS


Beauty

 

Beauty is as beauty does

And beauty is as beauty was

Beauty reigns a love supreme

Beauty lives inside a dream

Beauty walks where others fall

Beauty stands two towers tall

 

We bow down before the gods

Before the wonders of it all

But it is beauty that astounds us

And we must answer to her call

When her majesty surrounds us

And burrows to the core

She is all that we desire

She is all that we adore

She sets our souls afire

Leaves us crying out for more

 

I am speechless in her presence

Struck dumb in humbled awe

Hands are shaking knees are bent

As if she is my lord and law

For I am hers to raise above

And I am hers to leave behind

She is my comfort and my love

She possesses heart and mind

 

No comments:

Post a Comment