Saturday, October 16, 2021

Back Page Ramble (Nobody Knows)

 RANDOM JACK POETRY HOUR: LIFE SONGS


Back Page Ramble (Nobody Knows)

 

To be so young and to know so much

Makes me wonder how long we’ve been in touch

I have wasted most of my time so long

Now everything I thought was wrong

For when I was a child I was innocent

I fought to find what the message meant

So I grew up fast and I grew up strong

When others led I went along

I could not find the power

It was not my finest hour

 

If we knew now what we knew then

Would we have the strength to start again?

Nobody knows

 

Now that I am old I know just what to do

But I lack the strength to see it through

So I wait for someone to come for us

To get on board the big yellow bus

To take us where we’ll start again

We know it’ll come we don’t know when

We will stand up like the towers

It will be our finest hour

 

If we knew then what we know now

Would we find a way somehow?

Nobody knows

 

(regards to the immortal Bob Dylan)

No comments:

Post a Comment