Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Morita

RANDOM JACK POETRY HOUR: LIFE SONGS

 

Morita

 

She stalks me

She hunts me down

She watches me

She knows who my friends are

She watches them

She hunts them down as well

 

Her eyes are dark as muddy waters

Her heart cold as winter’s night

I loved her once

I fell under her spell

I was young and unafraid

 

She did not hunt me then

She did not stalk

She did not lurk in the shadows

Or beneath the shroud of dark

She teased me with her mystery

I breathed her misty air

I drank from her well

I tasted her passion

And begged for more

 

Her danger enchanted me

Her intrigue pulled me in

Alas she chose another

And lowered her web

 

It was then that I recoiled

She did not inspire love

She consumed it

She did not create beauty

She destroyed it

 

It was then I learned her name

Though I cannot speak it even now

She haunts me

She hunts me down

She takes us one by one

She frightens all she touches

Yet we cannot despise her

Cannot deny her

Without her there is nothing

She is that which injects meaning

Into our lives

 

She knows I will call her

When I am ready

She is always there

Waiting patiently

In shadows

 


No comments:

Post a Comment