Friday, May 21, 2021

Book of Forms

RANDOM JACK POETRY HOUR: LIFE SONGS

 

Book of Forms

 

Because it was written long ago

Some will say it must be so

Perhaps it was written that god embraces

A privileged class of superior races

Some would say it must be so

Why?  It was written long ago

So some are smitten

With what was written

Not I

 

I must find my own forms

My own guiding principles

My own codes and philosophies

My own measures of being

My own methods of seeing

Let others walk the trodden path

I will brave an unspoiled forest

Of dreams and novel mythologies

Exploring untold psychologies

Knowing that many years from now

My path may also be trodden

And braver souls will find

A braver and bolder way

To keep the faith

And claim the day

So be it


No comments:

Post a Comment