Saturday, March 13, 2021

The Bridge

RANDOM JACK POETRY HOUR: CORONAVIRUS SERIES

 

The Bridge

 

You’re young and healthy

(at least you think you are)

If you believe you can jump off a bridge

Without harm to yourself or others

I’m fine with that

Live free or die

Do what you will

Go your own way

Dance to your own music

 

But don’t go berserk

If I won’t do the same

Your freedom does not include

The right to bully me

Your rights do not trump mine

 

I must admit the fact that you endanger

Others with your recklessness

Bothers me

 

It drills into my consciousness

And triggers my rejection

 

Do unto others is my creed

(I thought it was yours)

I thought we were all in this together

Until we weren’t

 

So go ahead

Jump off that bridge

Just don’t take anyone with you

 


No comments:

Post a Comment