Friday, February 26, 2021

Eyes

 RANDOM JACK POETRY HOUR


Eyes

 

I greet the day with eyes wide open

I wonder and amaze

What fabulous events will unfold

To mystify or enchant me

What illuminating tales will be told

I am the receiver of golden promise

My senses are tuned to raise

I am the witness to the story

My eyes behold the daze

I see what others cannot see

Perceived beyond the phase

A world in liquid motion

A time of wicked lies

A place of pure devotion

A wonder to my eyes

 

The waters breathe and take it in

Air flows in waves of power

The earth below our humble feet

Churns in transformation

Fire rules the sky and soothes

The planet even as it burns

Life reveals itself at every turn

We breathe it in and learn

 

These eyes these ears this heart this mind

Are blessed with everything we find

As we await that final night

That final breath that ends our flight

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment