Thursday, December 03, 2020

Pardon Me (for Michael Flynn)

RANDOM JACK POETRY HOUR: POETRY OF POLITICS

 

Pardon

 

Pardon me

Did I overstay my welcome?

Was I rude?

Was I too crude?

I am by nature brash

When attacked I tend to lash

But I did not intend

To dip so deep in trash

 

Lock her up! I shouted

But I have always doubted

Myself and all my friends

On this my soul depends

I was in it for the money

And I thought it kind of funny

So I played the cards I had

Intentions? Neither good nor bad

 

My name is Michael Flynn

Wake me up! Did I just win?

Or is it all a dream?

If so what does it mean?

 

Alright okay I lied

I took you for a ride

I served another nation

Who paid for my vacations

To Moscow and Istanbul

 

Pardon me

 

(What did Mike Flynn say

when he coughed? Pardon me.)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment