Thursday, November 19, 2020

Let it End

 RANDOM JACK POETRY HOUR: CORONAVIRUS SERIES


Let it End

 

I have never been a man of religious faith

Yet I often pray

If it would be of any useful purpose

(and I believe it would)

I’ll bow my head today

 

For I have seen too many suffer

And I have lost too many friends

O lord if you’re listening

Let there be an end

 

We all know it is not over

Sometimes it seems it’s just begun

If the virus was an enemy

Then the enemy has won

 

But this is not a war

There is no ground to defend

O lord if you care

Let there be an end

 

We are filing wills and testaments

We are throwing in our cards

It is testing all our limits

Lord knows it’s getting hard

 

There are no heroes in the mirror

Upon whom we can depend

So lord if you’re willing

Let there be an end 


No comments:

Post a Comment